Meet the Elders: Blaise
Have you ever wondered who the Elders are at The Well? Check out the next part in our Meet the Elders series to get to know another leader in our church.
This week… Meet Blaise. Blaise is an Elder on the Directional Team. We asked him a couple questions to help you get to know him a little better.
1. What books are on your nightstand?
The Gospel According to Jesus: What Is Authentic Faith? by John MacArthur, The Bible by God, Redemption: Freed by Jesus from the Idols We Worship and the Wounds We Carry by Mike Wilkerson
2. What’s the biggest prayer you’ve seen God answer?
Being freed from enslavement to addiction
3. Tell us about your favorite vacation spot.
Any National Park or low-key ski town. We also love the ocean!
4. How did you meet your wife?
A small Bible study hosted by a good mutual friend
5. What are you watching on Netflix right now?
This Is Us on Hulu & Gilmore Girls with my wife
6. What does your morning routine look like?
Shower, feed & walk the dog, prayer & reading, kids waking up and getting them fed & dressed before leaving for work
7. When you were 16 years old, did you ever think you would be the Elder of a church?
8. Are you the only, oldest, middle, or youngest child?
I have two younger brothers.
9. What’s for dinner tonight?
Leftovers...hopefully there are still some pupusas left in the fridge.
10. What are you learning about life and following Jesus?
How prideful I am and how difficult it is to love like God loves us. Following Jesus requires obedience which is impossible without God's power and grace. Asking God for this power each day and then seeing his faithfulness, God is teaching me that as I take steps in obedience, my faith in him grows. Through scripture, I realize that both faith and repentance is a supernatural gift of God. "The righteous will live by faith," as Romans tells us, is a divine gift.