*NEW! Memory Verse Treasure Chest Treats!
Each Sunday morning in The Well Kids we take the time to help the kids memorize Scripture. Why? So that the kids will:
- know who God is, what He is like, and what He has done for us
- know who they are in light of who God is
- know how to fight sin
- know how to love others
- see the world through the lens of Scripture
As a way to encourage the kids to keep up the hard work of Scripture memory, we will periodically be offering treasure box prizes to kids who have committed several of our monthly verses to memory.
Here's how it will work:
On March 29th and April 5th, the kids will have opportunities to recite a list of verses that they have been learning in class (and hopefully at home!) to their teachers. Those who are able to correctly recite the verses will get to pick a prize from our treasure chests!
The list of verses they will need to recite are as follows:
- PreK-2nd grade: (PreK kids only need to recite three of the four verses!)
- "All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness." -2 Timothy 3:16
- "Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go." -Joshua 1:9b
- "Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right." -Ephesians 6:1
- "Draw near to God, and He will draw near to you." -James 4:8a
- 3rd-5th grade: Romans Road to Salvation verse set (all)
- "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God." -Romans 3:23
- "For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." -Romans 6:23
- "But God demonstrates His own love for us in this: while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." -Romans 5:8
- “If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is confessing with your mouth that you are saved.” -Romans 10:9-10
- "For 'whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.'" -Romans 10:13
Help your kids memorize the verses by listening to songs together throughout the next few weeks! Click the links below to listen to each memory verse song:
PreK-2nd grade songs:
- 2 Timothy 3:16 OR 2 Tim. 3:16
- Joshua 1:9
- Ephesians 6:1 (You do not need to purchase the song to listen.)
- James 4:8
*Note: PreK-2nd graders are using an ABC Bible verse booklet to help make learning Scripture as easy as ABC! There is a verse for every letter of the alphabet. Need a booklet? Let us know and we will get you one free of charge!
3rd-5th grade songs:
More in Blog
April 8, 2021How is the Gospel?
October 6, 2020The Well Kids Monthly Newsletter: OCTOBER 2020
October 6, 2020Tuesday Tidbits for Parents: September 22, 2020