Tuesday Tidbits for Parents: September 15, 2020
We believe there is great value in having our children worship with us on Sunday mornings. Why? Bible teaher, Jen Wilkin, explains our hearts for this beautifully when she writes,
"Because we believe there is no substitute for a child watching his parents model worship. For families, the with me of worship matters. What could be more relevant than teaching a young child an appreciation for and familiarity with the cadence and flow of big church? Only in big church will children see their parents model worship through corporate adoration, contemplation, and proclamation of God’s worth. Only in big church will children witness and partake in the ordinances of communion and baptism. If it is true that “more is caught than taught”, parents should value modeling authentic worship for their children more than any lesson that might be taught by a children’s church leader."
So for the next 10 weeks, our kid's lessons from PreK-5th grade will align with the "big church" Sunday morning Rock Solid series via livestream. You can access our lessons here as a resource to help your children worship and learn alongside you.
Here's what you'll find in the lessons:
- An optional activity that connects to the message to help get your child ready for the service
- A kid-friendly sermon notes page where they can write down/draw things they heard in the message, questions they have about something they heard, etc
- Questions to help facilitate discussion after the message and/or throughout the week
Our prayer is that your kid's faith would be ignited and encouraged as they see you worshiping God with joy.
But we still love and deeply value children's church! We invite kids in K-5th grade to join us every week for a time of fun and fellowship as we learn God's truth together.
- K-2nd Grade: Sundays, 1:00pm-1:40pm https://zoom.us/j/94324663800
- 3rd-5th Grade: Thursdays, 6:30pm-7:30pm https://zoom.us/j/93944279652
More in Blog
April 8, 2021How is the Gospel?
October 6, 2020The Well Kids Monthly Newsletter: OCTOBER 2020
October 6, 2020Tuesday Tidbits for Parents: September 22, 2020