In Person Gathering
The coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak has impacted businesses, churches, and public spaces. To help slow the spread of COVID-19 and safeguard our staff, congregants, and neighbors, The Well Community Church has created the action plan for responding to COVID-19.
This plan, which is based on Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) guidance, highlights the responsibilities of staff, volunteers, and all attendees of our worship gatherings.
We pray these precautions, as an act of faith, help our congregation love one another well
The Well will has resumed physically worshipping together at our worship space (8900 Colesville Rd, Silver Spring, MD 20910). Services will be livestreamed via Youtube and Facebook for those unable or uncomfortable to attend the in-person service the Children's Ministry (CM) program is not meeting in person on Sundays.
Each week the Elders and Staff will reevaluate best practices and policies. When we think it best to increase or decrease our gathering size, we will keep you updated.
Please read through our Plans & Policies before submitting your RSVP.
PLANS & POLICIES
In order to protect our congregants and staff, The Well will:
- Limit the number of people allowed to enter the worship service.
- Beginning on November 15th, we plan to have a maximum of 15 family units or approximately 25 people for in-person worship. This is below the legal maximum of our worship space, under Montgomery County restrictions.
- We are asking everyone to register to attend service at www.thewellsilverspring.org/reservations. Registration closes Saturday at 7pm. You must reserve space at a service.
- While registration is required for those who desire to attend, we will offer walk-in registration for those who do not register if there is availability.
- Require registered congregants to:
- Not attend if they are exhibiting signs of illness out of caution for others
- Maintain social distancing protocols of keeping 6 ft. of distance between themselves (or family unit/roommates) and others
- Wear a mask for the entirety of the service. (We will have extra masks on hand as well for those needing one.)
- Follow the instructions of staff, volunteers, signage, or other communications
- Use the restroom at home and use the church facilities on a limited basis.
- Begin check-in 30 minutes before service. Please try to arrive early.
Upon arrival, require all attendees to agree to the following health screening statements:
- I am not currently experiencing any of the following symptoms:
- Fever (temperature that is elevated for you/100.0F or greater) or chills,
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Fatigue, muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
- I have not traveled internationally or to any of the states (beyond the DMV). Upon returning to the state, I tested myself for the virus within 72 hours and self-quarantined until I received negative results.
- I have not had a positive COVID-19 diagnostic test in the past 30 days.
- I have not had any close contact in the last 14 days with someone with a current diagnosis of COVID-19.
WHAT WILL SERVICE LOOK LIKE?
- We will keep the same format as has been happening on the Live Stream.
- Congregant seating will be limited and spread out to comply with social distancing measures.
- Communion elements will be sanitary and untouched. The communion elements will be a pre-packed, disposable cup and wafer element.
- An offering basket will be placed in the back. Attendees can drop their tithes and gifts on their way out, as baskets will not be passed during the service.
- There will be hand sanitizing stations throughout the space. These will be clearly visible and accessible. These will especially be available for communion.
- Coffee and refreshments will not be provided on Sunday mornings at this time.
- Activity sheets for children are available on the The Well website. You can download, print out and bring them with you. If you forget them, we will have a few available at the building.
For your safety, The Well has purchased a hand held fogger, and we will sanitize the entire sanctuary, lobby, entry and exit ways as well as multiple sanitizing stations.
A WORD OF ENCOURAGEMENT
We understand this is a lot of change. The Well staff is working hard to keep guidelines in place while still creating an environment where we can worship Jesus together! We want you to know that there is no pressure to attend church in person during this season. We will continue our online presence on our Facebook and YouTube page.
We love you church and we are here for you, if you need anything please reach out at www.thewellsilverspring.org/connect
Click on a Sunday to RSVP to a in person gathering below.