Church! This is our new normal, and it's drastically different. Yet, our God does not change. His is good, mighty, and present. "Our heart is glad in Him, because we trust in his holy name. Let our your steadfast love, O LORD, be upon us, even as we hope in you."
We have centralized all communication pertaining to life at The Well as it has to do with all things COVID, that in this time, we might follow Him together for the good of the world.
Sign up for The Weekly, to receive weekly communication on Wednesday afternoons.
We have three main goals as a church in this time:
- That we would become "self feeders." We desire that God would empower each of us as individuals and families to grow in the scriptures personally, and be able to lead our families to grow together in Christ.
- That everyone would be a missionary. We desire that God would redeem this brokenness to bring people to Christ through a conversation that you would have with a neighbor, coworker, friend, or family member. We desire that we would be a blessing to the city and tangibly support those in need.
- That we would pray and persevere together. What else can we do but pray? We must come to our God together, asking Him to move in might for the sake of the gospel and His world. We must adapt and follow Him in obedience to live faithfully as His church in these changing times.
Schedule and Resources
The below schedule and resources have been prayed over and planned, that God would draw us to Himself, work through us for sake of the gospel, and keep us before Him in prayer during this time. "If the Lord wills, we will do this or that..."
Ways to Connect Virtually
Dig into the relationships in your Community Group. Let us know if you'd like to get into a group: firstname.lastname@example.org
Use this Worship Guide to worship together with your Community Group, individually, or to lead your family in worship
- Click here to join the Zoom meeting on Wednesdays at 7:00pm
- Click here to join the Zoom meeting on Sunday at 11:30am
Generous in COVID
- We've created the Generous in COVID Fund to care for the needs of our church family. We are going to be intentional and generous in supporting our those already impacted, while preparing now to help those who will need our support in the near future. Please Give Here.
- We want to meet the needs of people in our community, particularly families in under resourced schools (via Linkages for Learning), the immigrant/refugee population, and vulnerable children. See the below opportunities for engaging in the work of the gospel.
If you know of volunteer or giving opportunities, please email our external mercy team email@example.com.
With the strain of stay-at-home orders, especially for families who already feel isolated, the city is seeing an increase in domestic violence and neglect and DC127's hope is that by supporting these families, we can all help flatten that particular curve.
Immigrant + Refugee Care
Peace City will be participating in meal deliveries to refugee families. All meals are pre-packaged and bagged. Volunteers will then drop off the bagged meals right at the front door of the refugee families who are on IRC's provided list. They will be delivering meals every Tuesday and Friday for the foreseeable future. Go here to get more information and sign-up to help: https://peacecity.church/meals4refugees
Our Linkage schools need our help! They are asking for donations of ramen noodles, canned/dry goods, fresh produce (apples, oranges, carrots), OR grocery cards to buy fresh produce. Please coordinate with Keren Kline at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss how to drop-off donated items.
Find a full list of ways you can serve and/or donate both internally to the Well and externally to organizations in our local community. This list is fluid and ever-changing.