The Well Prayer Blog
Below are a few ideas of how to make prayer a part of your daily life or family life, and prayer requests during COVID-19 that we can pray for together (scroll to the bottom of the page for daily prayer topics!).
Prayer is such an integral part of our relationship with God. During this time of social distancing and staying at home, what better time to strengthen our prayer lives and come before the Lord.
11 Prayer Ideas
- Pray a Different Focus Each Day of the Week - Write down a prayer list and pray for each item each day! (see below for an example)
- Prayer Walks - Pray as you take your walk outside! Let your prayer time increase as your steps do! Pray for those you see, for homes you walk past, for the neighborhood, city, and anything that comes to mind.
- ACTS – [click here]
- Pick a Psalm and pray through it using Lectio Divina
- Virtual prayer time with your family or friends! Take turns praying through your prayer list, pray for each other, pray as you feel led.
- Pray with worship music. Play your favorite worship albums and pray, letting the lyrics guide you. If you have the time and space, make art as you listen.
A few Spotify Playlists to use:
- Do some spiritual reading about prayer and cultivating an awareness of God’s loving presence:
- Practice of the Presence of God by Brother Lawrence
- Liturgy of the Ordinary by Tish Harrison Warren
- Opening to God by David G. Benner
- An Altar in the World by Barbara Brown Taylor
- Abide in Christ by Andrew Murray
- A Shepherd Looks at Psalm 23 by Phillip Keller
- Go through your Contacts and pray for each person, sending a text when you feel led.
- Lean into the art of blessing. Write blessings for those you love, or already crafted blessings by writers like John O’Donohue and Jan Richardson.
- Memorize comforting words of scripture. Let them wash over you and lead you into deeper prayer.
- Scripture Journal - Pray and meditate on a bible passage via journaling, drawing, illustrating! Join us May 9th at 9:30 -11:30 am to journal together!
Praying for COVID-19 - Prayer Topics (click here)
We categorized COVID-19 related prayer requests into 7 different sections (or “Day”). Each “Day” has a different theme, and you can follow along during the week if you like, or mix and match them.
Other resources include: Matt’s blog has great ideas about how to pray: https://www.thewellsilverspring.org/blog/post/how-to-pray