Meet the Elders: Matt
Have you ever wondered who the Elders are at The Well? We’re kicking off a series called Meet the Elders to help you get to know these leaders in our church.
First up… Meet Matt. As the Lead Pastor at The Well, he oversees the team of Elders. You might think you know him well, but check out this Q&A to learn a little bit more about a day in the life of Matt.
1. What books are on your nightstand?
The Sun Also Rises by Hemingway, The Bible, & Help, Thanks, Wow: The Three Essential Prayers by Lamott
2. What’s the biggest prayer you’ve seen God answer?
To create a church in Silver Spring.
3. Tell us about your favorite vacation spot.
Growing up, we went to a place called Mountain Lake for 13 years straight. We have never taken our family there, but I loved it as a kid. Basically it's a cabin in the woods where we went fishing, biking, hiking, and had so many fun times.
4. How did you meet your wife?
Once I walked into a room, and she saw me from across the way, came running up to me, and said, “You’re the man I’m going to marry.” Her story may differ just slightly.
5. What are you watching on Netflix right now?
We watch sports every once in a while, and that's about it.
6. What does your morning routine look like?
Brooke comes into our room around 6:15 a.m. saying “pee pee” and I wake up to take her to the potty. Courtney has already been awake for an hour exercising. I put Brooke back into bed and get ready for the avalanche of kids eating, doing homework, and getting them off to school.
7. When you were 16 years old, did you ever think you would be the Elder of a church?
I sensed a nudge into ministry mid-college, so nope.
8. Are you the only, oldest, middle, or youngest child?
I am the youngest of two boys. Mike is 5 years older than me, was a great friend and leader, leading me to Christ in the 8th grade.
9. What’s for dinner tonight?
Something from the crock pot.
10. What are you learning about life and following Jesus?
He is so faithful. He keeps providing for what He has called me to do. He wants me to keep life simple, pastor my family, pastor the church, and reach my lost friends with the gospel.
More in Blog
April 8, 2021How is the Gospel?
October 6, 2020The Well Kids Monthly Newsletter: OCTOBER 2020
October 6, 2020Tuesday Tidbits for Parents: September 22, 2020